Quantitative Strategy - The Group
Quantitative Strategists (strats) build the analytics, tools, and systems driving our investment process. Automated strategies, idea generation/screening, execution, modeling, risk management, and settlement are all problems we solve daily. Building scalable, creative solutions to problems involving our investment process is our mandate. Technology is a distinct commercial advantage - enabling a host of opportunities that differentiate us from our competitors. Our skills run a broad spectrum from quantitative modeling, machine learning, financial engineering, distributed systems, user interfaces, to core systems programmers and everything in between.
What we look for
- Ability to craft creative (and practical!) solutions to problems and express those solutions in code.
- Deep background and love of technology. Distributed systems, big data, languages, machine learning, UX - all interesting problems we face. Tell us about your interesting problems.
- Someone we want to sit next to daily. We're highly collaborative across the whole firm and value people and communication skills highly.
Specific background, technologies, languages, etc. while helpful are usually secondary.
Core Strats build core infrastructure and technology, working closely with the desk to think about bigger picture solutions and look for generic abstractions for day to day problems.
We are looking for a developer to build and maintain a variety of applications for data visualization, exploration and analysis. While doing so, our GUI Strat will bring our WPF-based UI framework to the next level. A successful candidate would:
- Be comfortable working with a wide range of users - traders, portfolio managers, research analysts, operations professionals and quants.
- Be an accomplished developer with deep experience in C# and WPF, and broad knowledge of WPF paradigms, frameworks and third-party controls.
- Be able to balance longer-term technical investment with a multitude of user requests.
- Hold at least a Bachelor-level technical degree, ideally Computer Science or a closely related discipline.
We will consider candidates from any background - finance experience is not necessary. The ideal candidate would be from a firm that has a great reputation for building usable applications, or would be able to demonstrate expertise in UI technologies through some other externally visible means - for example, an open-source project.
If interested please contact Ben at email@example.com or call one of the members of the team at 973-784-4436