Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We're one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
- Act as the central point of contact with the Global M&A controller, bankers, IBD Finance, and business COO's
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of P&L and balance sheet in accordance with IFRS , GAAP, and internal guidelines
- Assist in running the month end financial close process for supported areas
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and analysis as required
- Ensure accurate and timely production of daily and monthly results into the bank's ledgers
- Review Engagement Letters to ensure revenue is properly recognized on a daily basis and with in the correct Legal Entity.
- Ensure that appropriate controls are exerted on a daily basis in order to facilitate balance sheet substantiation.
- Assist in preparing M&A Forecasts and Pipeline reporting on a global basis.
- Assist in producing Global countrywide P&L trend reporting and commentary to business COO's.
- Ensure that any issues are escalated appropriately to senior management on a daily basis
- Ensure full balance sheet substantiation and provide necessary support to financial and regulatory reporting teams
- Identify process and control Improvements or developments that are needed and then implement accordingly.
- Identify and contribute to control and efficiency initiatives and document any procedural changes.
- Provide support on Audit Requests.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years experience in Product Control, Middle Office function or paralegal
- 2+ years of data analysis including use of Excel
- 2+ years experience in accounting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills in both formal and informal settings including strong Powerpoint skills
- Familiarity with M&A lifecycle