Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We're one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com
It is the policy of Barclays Capital to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Global Equity Research provides the financial strategic advice necessary for successful asset management. The Equity Research group is dedicated to providing insightful analysis of global stock markets and companies.
In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the Aerospace & Defense Senior analyst. The candidate will build and maintain financial models and industry databases insuring correct and up-to-date information for research reports that are distributed to internal/external clients. The candidate will also review business and trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources in order to gather, synthesize and interpret data on companies followed by the Senior analyst. The candidate will be responsible for writing and publishing research reports as well as communicating recommendations to sales, trading and clients. In addition, the candidate will help develop marketing materials for clients, meet with management teams of companies and attend industry conferences where appropriate.
- Bachelors degree with at least a 3.5 GPA
- 2+ years work experience in related research or investment banking
- 1+ years of business modeling and finanical statement analysis
- MBA/ CFA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Resourcefulness, entrepreneurial spirit and proven leadership qualities
- Strong PC literacy or demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly