Manage and implement the business plans for USD Clearing products at the country and regional level in order to maximize revenue, profitability, market share and growth, working in partnership with the sales teams.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Understand the local market in terms of size, share, structure, potential, customer segmentation, buyer behaviors and competitor analysis within each country and region for the relevant product sets. Lead market research as required.
* Quantify and provide information to country and group management on above analysis and the impact & economic consequences of market trends, changing customer requirements and competitor offerings for the dual purpose of performance management and strategy development. Implement actions as required.
* Act as a subject matter expert on the product sets including financials (P&L, Balance sheet, KPIs etc) and coordinate annual budgets & ongoing forecasts. Provide suggestions to improve profitability and performance and implement any approved recommendations.
* Conduct regular pricing reviews (minimum annually) including impact of waivers or non-standard pricing and implement appropriate local pricing at a product level. Pricing reviews should include comparison of key competitors pricing.
* Lead in the identification and prioritization of product requirements and gaps (i.e. development of customer value proposition, PAR etc) make recommendations for new development and secure funding where necessary.
* Manage the local implementation of new products and/or enhancements developed to meet client needs.
* Provide initial (3-6 months) support to the local / regional sales team on new products and/or channels, including major enhancements. This includes arranging product training sessions for the sales team and ensuring that products/channels are properly supported by Technology and Solution Delivery following their introduction.
* Ensure that product programmes (PPG) and Country Addendums (CA) are approved and kept up to date locally for the relevant WB products.
* Provide support (but not lead) in the following activities: product sales campaigns, RFP responses, complex customer implementations, and advice on customer preferential pricing, channel or product migrations.
Compliance / KYC / AML
* Ensure that US regulations, SCB group policy, and local country regulations on KYC/CDD, and Compliance, including AML policies, are clearly understood, considered, and complied with for new accounts as well as existing accounts.
Qualifications & Skills
Minimum 5 years experience in sales / product management and extensive knowledge of US Clearing systems.
In depth knowledge of USD Clearing products (Chips, Fedwire and Check clearing systems)
Excellent understanding of strategic issues ( WB and Group)
Project Management skills
Experience in customer and secondary research
Open minded, good listener, flexible with "think out of the box" mentality
Strong cross cultural awareness with influencing skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent PC skills
Ability and willingness to travel
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.