Position Category: Internal Audit
Position Title: Global Wealth Management - Internal Audit Manager
Job Level: Manager
Location: USA - NY - New York
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Manager to join its Internal Audit Division supporting the Global Wealth Management business.
The Manager responsibilities include the following key processes /duties:
• Executing the annual risk-based audit plan to provide appropriate coverage of brokerage activities. Ensure execution of the audit plan within departmental methodology, policies and standards.
• Managing audits from start to completion including detailed walkthroughs of key processes to identify key risks and controls, developing and execution of test of control and substantive testing procedures for key controls, execution of testing, identification and reporting of issues. Involvement in scope determination, audit planning memos, developing testing plan, execution of fieldwork, issue identification, issue discussions with client and report writing.
• Manage audits, client relationships and staff.
• Conducting ongoing risk assessments of key business processes to drive the risk based audit plan.
• Partnering with business clients, involvement with on-going business initiatives, strategic projects and monitoring of key metrics for Continuous Monitoring process.
• Conduct, as appropriate, quality assurance reviews to ensure compliance with department documentation standards.
• Ability to travel when required
• Five to eight years of audit management, related brokerage or regulatory experience within the financial services industry. Previous audit experience with a complex bank or broker dealer that focused on brokerage products, operations and or related public accounting audit experience.
• Prior experience with back office trading activities (including order errors, cancel and corrects, etc.) , brokerage products and Operational back office support (including core securities processing, money movement, settlement processes, reconciliations, client reporting, statements, confirmations, prospectus delivery, etc).
• A strong technical understanding of the regulatory environment with respect to FINRA and SEC regulations.
• Proficient understanding of the internal audit process including risk assessments, planning, scheduling, reporting, continuous auditing. Multi-tasking of various projects and deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills for audit reporting discussions with Senior Audit and Business Management.
Experience with local, state and federal securities law a plus.
• A B.S. degree in business including Economics, Finance, Accounting, etc. (note: an M.B.A. or equivalent postgraduate degree is highly encouraged to demonstrate the candidate's discipline, commitment and focus).
• CPA or other related licensing a plus.