My client, a world leading Investment Bank is looking for a talented and conscientious Senior Electronic Trading, Application Support Analyst to join their Electronic Trading team and are prepared to offer a highly attractive compensation package to the right individual.
The Tradeplant Electronic Trading Team is not only a leading area within the Bank, but is also a market leader globally and as a result are looking for very ambitious, diligent, technical candidates who are keen to add real value to this team and ensure that build on their recent success in the future.
In terms of personality, here's what we're looking for:
• Strong communicators/Relationship Builders - You will need to be able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors
• Subject Matter Experts - Lead the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
• Strong Organization skills - You will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects within business areas that will require good time management and prioritization skills
In terms of responsibilities, here's what you will be handling:
• Production Support - morning checks, monitoring, day to day level 2 support
• Tools - developing and maintaining tools to assist with production support
• Exchange connectivity - work with Equity, Futures, and Options exchanges on new connectivity and mandated changes
• Release Deployment - work with the Development and QA teams to successfully roll out application changes into production while maintaining stability
• Client Interaction - The candidate will be in close and constant contact with the business unit and will often act as a liaison between the business and development groups.
In terms of technical skills, here's what you will need:
• 3+ years of previous experience in Electronic Trading support
• Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Finance from a top tier University
• Strong understanding of Solaris, Linux, and Windows Operating Systems
• Strong Perl and UNIX shell scripting
• Experience working on a trading floor, supporting Electronic Trading systems. Ability to perform at a high level under pressure.
• Ability to deeply trace and analyze orders beyond what is provided by existing tools and scripts.
• Understanding of the FIX protocol
• Knowledge of Equity Algorithmic Trading
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of database technology (Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server)
In terms of technical skills, here's what is beneficial:
• Experience with high frequency trading
• XML protocol
• Network Infrastructure (TCP/IP, routers, firewalls)
• Tibco EMS and RV Middleware
• Genoes ITRS
• Market Data
Current Team/Organizational Structure
• Flat structure - Line management are always keen to hear new ideas
• Meritocratic - Strong performers are well recognized within the business, and have historically progressed extremely quickly
• Industry experts - You will be surrounding yourself with some of the brightest people in their field and will have the opportunity to share ideas and learn from them every day
This is an immediate hire, interviews are to begin soon and early application is advised. GQR also welcomes tentative enquiries from suitably qualified individuals.
Confidentiality and utmost discretion is 100% assured.
Key words: Linux, RedHat, SuSe, Support. Application, SQL, Unix , Perl, Shell, Low Latency, High Frequency, Network, Server Engineering, Solaris, e-trading, electronic trading, tradeplant, Application. App Supp, Application Support,
APPLY | email@example.com
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
While a resume is preferable we also welcome tentative enquiries from well-qualified persons. To speak with an agent please contact one of our regional offices using the contact details listed below. Utmost confidentiality and discretion is assured.
Search Consultant: James Friend
Contact Telephone Number: +44 (0) 203 141 8000
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/1615777
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com | www.g-t-r.com | www.gqrgm.com
GQR Global Quant, GQR Global Trading, GQR Global Markets
We operate globally and leverage our extensive relationships to unite the most talented people with the most intellectually and financially rewarding career opportunities throughout Europe, the United States, Asia and the Middle East.