Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We're one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Operational Risk Management (ORM) provides Barclays Capital's businesses with a clear and consistent framework to assist them in identifying, measuring and managing Operational Risk (OR), with the intent to reduce associated internal risk incidents, including OR losses, and process and control failures. The function works in conjunction with all areas of the Front Office, Operations and Infrastructure to promote best practice and to ensure decisions are made on a risk-informed basis.
The ORM department is also responsible for managing the implementation of and the ongoing compliance with major regulatory initiatives (i.e. Basel II and other directives of regulators such as FSA, Fed, SEC and governing bodies such as the Committee of European Bank Supervisors) across all businesses and support functions in Barclays Capital.
ORM is an independent risk management function with staff based in Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific. The team is responsible for developing a globally applied OR framework and is a centre of expertise for OR methodology and best practice. The framework supports the ongoing OR measurement and management requirements of the business, and facilitates our compliance with regulatory standards.
The overall objective of the Department is to assist the business to operate in a controlled and sustainable way, avoid significant or persistent instances of OR control and process failures, enable decisions that are informed by OR considerations, and optimise OR usage of regulatory and economic capital.
Based in New York, the candidate will be a member of the Americas Operational Risk Management team
• Establish and maintain a strong partnership with regional business coverage (and/or global in some cases) to provide subject matter expertise on Operational Risk (both internal framework and external developments) and provide tangible benefits in proactive identification and management of Operational Risk by leveraging a strong knowledge of business activities and drivers.
• Act as an alternate OR representative for manager at senior governance forums, including; attendance and OR input to coverage E2E / Business Infrastructure Committees, chairing coverage Incident Governance Forums; involvement in governance change forums.
• Lead the production and preparation of high quality materials, analysis and MI reporting in support of senior management meetings
• Establish a leadership role during key stages of the RCSA process (e.g. inherent risk identification, control identification, residual risk rating process, etc.) and manage completeness of post RCSA tasks
• Lead global coordination amongst ORM team colleagues to ensure global control and risk rating consistency
• Complete review and challenge of incident root cause, KRS and proposed action plan(s) in preparation for weekly QA call
• Conduct incident trend analysis and identify potential themes for internal discussion and potential escalation to the monthly KIH meeting
• Attend all NPS calls as ORM representative and complete all required NPS documents (including template and checklist)
• Prepare OR Capital Application documentation (including risk assessment and capital calculation inputs)
- Four-year college degree
- 8+ years of experience in financial services or related field, including product knowledge in either equities, prime services, investment banking or distribution
- 5+ years of experience in finance, middle office, audit or operations roles
- 4+ years of experience with Excel, Access and Microsoft Project
- Excellent problem-solving, research and analysis, technical, team building, and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Detailed understanding of regulatory/and market best practice in Operational Risk Management
- Ability to adapt style to meet stakeholder needs
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed
- Strong financial and risk management skills
- Committed to work in a flat team-oriented structure
- Ability to manage reporting lines and relationships across multiple business and functions
- Exceptional communicator and highly developed relationship management skill.
- Control issue analysis and evaluation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to liaise and influence senior management in the firm, and establish strong working relationships with third parties, external and internal.