Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We're one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The Finance department covers Product Control, Financial Control, Financial Decision Support and Tax.
Both Product and Financial Control are jointly responsible for the integrity of the financial records of Barclays Capital.
Product Control has a significant presence and role within the organization. There is a close working relationship with the trading desks and other areas focusing on control, service and reporting. We are a central point of contact for many issues that affect the bank including new product approval, model validation and independent verification of derivative valuations. By placing a heavy emphasis on information technology and focusing on project work we are able to address control and operational risks and meet our internal and external obligations.
As a key member of the US Commodities Product Control Group (PC) team, this role will be responsible for:
• working closely with the trading desk and other functional groups on a daily basis regarding P&L, Risk, trade bookings and ad hoc queries
• being the first point of contact for FO queries and being viewed as an expert in understanding the trading systems (Openlink Endur and Solarc Right Angle), static data and downstream feeds
• being a significant point of contact for Operations, IT and Finance as a whole
The main functions above provide the opportunity to gain technical exposure to products, markets and valuation/modeling both on current business and through project work for new business. Additional opportunities provided are the ability to participate through the full life cycle of a trade and build strong relationships with the different infrastructure areas supporting commodities.
As a key member of the US Commodities Product Control Group (PC) team, this role will be responsible for covering all Product Control tasks for the Commodities business in the US. These tasks include the following:
• To be a key link between PC, IT and the Front Office on matters of the trading systems (Openlink Endur and Solarc Right Angle) and control
• Deal with ad-hoc queries from the front office trading desk and other infrastructure areas and provide them real time support.
• Understand the front office trading systems and create/maintain static data and mappings to other system sources that our trading systems interface with.
• Participate in creating specifications and testing for trading system key projects such as trading system/performance enhancements (example is upgrade to new Openlink Endur version).
• Manage end of day trading system batch and work very closely with IT to ensure all workflows run successfully and issues that arise are investigated/resolved timely and communicated to other infrastructure areas.
• Assist in rollout of new commodities products through project work by testing the system's ability to capture new product and downstream feeds and implementing/managing system change when necessary.
• Ensure all daily key controls, processes and reconciliations have been completed.
• Liaise with multiple departments on project work and/or ad hoc queries
• Approach problem solving and troubleshooting pro-actively
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Math, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1+ years Business analysis experience in Banking Infrastructure
- 1+ years experience with Excel
- Preferred Accounting degree or at least some Finance/Math / Science courses
- Ability to prioritize and close out issues quickly
- A determined pro-active problem solver
- Good verbal and written presentation skills
- Understanding of the Commodity markets
- Strong familiarity with front office systems
- Implementation of trading system projects
- Knowledge of Commodity markets
- Knowledge of Openlink Endur and Solar Right Angle trading systems
- Keen interest in Financial Services
- Diligent and attentive to detail
- Fast learner
- Team Player
- Result Orientated