Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We're one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. The Finance department covers Product and Financial control. Both Product and Financial Control are jointly responsible for the integrity of the financial records of Barclays Capital.
Product Control has a significant presence and role within the organization. There is a close working relationship with the trading desks and other areas focusing on control, service and reporting. We are a central point of contact for many issues that affect the bank. By placing a heavy emphasis on information technology and focusing on project work, we are able to address control and operational risks and meet our internal and external obligations.
The role is within the Prime Services section of the Product Control Group (PCG). Product Control performs a variety of daily tasks both executing current controls for Product Control and providing the traders with information. A key role is daily liaison with fellow members of PCG on P&L, Balance Sheet, and adhoc queries. Product Control is often the first point of contact for the traders and will deal with questions on existing positions and must be able to offer advice on control and accounting aspects of proposed new business. It is also a significant point of contact for Operations, IT and Finance as a whole. The role gives the chance to gain technical exposure to products, markets on current business and new business proposals. Building strong relationships with many departments is especially important since we often liaise with various groups.
• Understand and apply the knowledge of numerous products to daily functions such as equity stock loan, prime brokerage margin lending, firm financing, and the clearing/execution business.
• Report Daily P&L for the Prime Services Equity Financing Trading Desk, which includes independent price verification, FOBO reconciliations, Trader Flash to Actual analysis, and trade strategy analysis.
• Perform Month End functions, such as Flash to SAP reconciliations, post necessary GL journals, balance sheet analysis, and additional Month End reporting.
• Create strong relationships with Front Office, Middle Office, and Technology through frequent interaction.
- 1+ years Accounting/Finance experience
- 1+ years experience with Excel
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel skills