We are working with an insurance group, more specifically with their property and casualty (P&C) team. This group is responsible for the implementation of the model governance program. The purpose of the director is to review and validate actuarial models, which are used for risk measurement, pricing, reserve setting, and economic capital.
Location: New York, USA
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement the model governance program, thus establishing guidelines and standards for managing and measuring model risk
• Keep up with best practices in model review and validation
• Validate various models (statistical and actuarial) in the Property & Casualty team; validation duties include: assessment of conceptual stability, evaluating inputs and outputs, testing the model for accuracy, back-testing/ benchmarking, and reverse-engineering the models
• Communicate with internal and external clients, and senior management to present model validation results and reports.
• Min MS in a quantitative discipline (preferably Actuarial Science), PhD preferred
• Min 8-10 years of related experience (P&C, actuarial), preferably in insurance, reinsurance, or relevant consulting
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of model development and management
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Technical skills: Excel/VBA, Matlab, SAS
• Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), and Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designations/candidate a plus.
Keywords: actuary, actuarial analyst, property and casualty, P&C, actuarial modeling, model validation, model review, model risk, actuarial model, statistical model, reserving, pricing, enterprise risk management, Excel, VBA, Matlab, SAS, New York
Although preferable, we do not require a CV, please feel free to get in touch regarding this role to talk to a member of the team to discuss this role. For more current openings with our clients, please see www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
We Welcome speculative and tentative applications roles and others of a similar nature that we may have available on our books.
Search Consultant: James Friend -please mention job title
Contact Telephone Number: 310-807-5030
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/1615777