Macquarie Group is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services.
At Macquarie we offer you the experience and freedom to grow your career whilst making your mark within a highly successful organization. Key to our success is the entrepreneurialism we encourage in all our people. We give you the opportunity to progress your career as quickly as you can demonstrate your ability.
Macquarie's business is structured into six operating groups and four service groups. Macquarie Capital comprises Macquarie Group's corporate advisory, equity underwriting and specialised funds management businesses.
With offices in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, North America, Europe, South Africa and the Middle East, MacCap provides a depth of services including specialist capabilities in:
- Mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and corporate restructuring advice
- Equity capital markets, equity and debt capital management and raising
- Specialised funds management (including infrastructure and real estate funds)
- Debt structuring and distribution
- Private equity placements
- Principal products
Macquarie is seeking to recruit a Desktop Publisher to be part of its Macquarie Capital Business Development team in New York for a roughly three-month term. This team, which comprises proposals managers and graphic designers as well as desktop publishers, provides creative, graphics and marketing support to Macquarie's advisory business across North America. The team's emphasis is on positively differentiating Macquarie by bringing a higher level of creativity, flair, and visual impact to external communications and pitch materials than our traditional investment banking or financial services competition, while ensuring a professional level of finish and consistency.
With exceptional technical and layout design skills, expert knowledge of MS Office, and experience working on proposal/tender documents and presentations, you will:
- Produce high-end, effective paper-based pitch books in line with Macquarie Capital templates through proficient utilisation of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Create and format placemats, flyers and newsletters/brochures using both company templates and custom designed PowerPoint layouts and Word templates to meet requirements
- Create and modify graphics where necessary using MS Office or Adobe CS applications
- Work within Macquarie style guidelines
- Format copy, tables, diagrams and graphs of bid/pitch documents (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) to Macquarie style
- Oversee final production of bid/pitch documents (including financial models) where required, including liaising with printers and other suppliers
- Create and animate slides for onscreen client and internal presentations
- Take job briefs from clients, booking in work as required
- Provide assistance with general MS Office requests and template troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (PPT, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat)
- Experience developing and using templates within the Microsoft Office environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and superior time management skills
- A good eye for layout and design with a touch of creative flair
- Problem solving, a quick learner
- Experience working a corporate in-house design / presentation / document preparation environment
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design) and Adobe Acrobat
- Basic web or html skills a plus
Macquarie is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)