Citizens Financial Group (CFG)
Citizens' history began in 1871 on Hoyle Square in Providence, RI, then the city's busy market center. In 1985, Citizens Financial Group was established as the holding company for Citizens Savings Bank and Citizens Trust Company, which evolved into Citizens Bank. In December 1988, Citizens Financial Group became a wholly owned subsidiary of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc. RBS Group's ownership gave Citizens the stability and support of an international financial services company - and a partner with capital for growth.
Citizens Financial Group's 26 strategic bank acquisitions since 1988 greatly expanded its reach and its customer base throughout New England, into the Mid-Atlantic and into the Midwest. The largest market-changing transactions included:
- Mellon Financial Corporation's retail, small business and middle market units in Pennsylvania and Delaware in 2001.
- Charter One Financial acquisition added Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, New York and Vermont to CFG's retail footprint in 2004.
- In March 2007, RBS formed RBS Americas.
Today, Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is a $132 billion commercial bank holding company and its subsidiaries have more than 1,500 branches, more than 3,800 ATMs and 21,140 employees. It operates its branch network in 12 states and has non-branch retail and commercial offices in more than 30 states.
The Compliance division of RBS CFG is committed to delivering advice, assistance, assurance and oversight across RBS Citizens. Our Values are based on Teamwork, Transparency and Accountability. We will be successful by establishing clear standards of excellence for our colleagues, attaining and using appropriate knowledge and tools, and ensuring timely feedback from credible sources.
Summary of Position
The Compliance Officer, Complaint Handling - Office of Fair Banking, is an experienced compliance contributor with a broad experience focused in support of the Customer Experience business unit encompassing a wide range of consumer deposit and lending products and a deep knowledge of the federal and state regulations affecting Consumer Banking. A record of demonstrated business knowledge, as well as, effective delivery which will enable improved business compliance for the Customer Experience team for Citizens Financial Group. Must demonstrate the ability to manage complex compliance risk issues and build strong, long term business relationships. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with business partners to drive a strong risk based compliance culture, while maintaining an independent compliance position.
Primary duties include:
Compliance Officer, Complaint Handling - Office of Fair Banking, is responsible for the second line of defense function to ensure Compliance for the Office of the Chairman and Customer Experience business units. The objective of the role is as follows:
- Provide consultation to the business regarding identification, mitigation, resolution reporting/escalation of emerging and upstream regulatory risks and issues identified through the complaint review process, to ensure an appropriate understanding of compliance risk and support the business' risk appetite which will ensure self awareness is core to how the business functions.
- Serve as an independent advisor to the business unit management and risk management colleagues within the business unit. Including advice and sign-off on new Business initiatives and process changes. Escalate compliance issues to the Head of Fair Banking or the Director of Compliance for Consumer Banking.
- Collaborate across RBS-CFG Compliance, to synthesize and communicate a comprehensive view of regulatory risk to business management.
- Research and analyze compliance trends and industry benchmarking to prepare for and monitor upstream risks and issues. In coordination with the Director of Compliance and/or the Head of Fair Banking, identify relevant regulatory updates to report out to Business Unit and RBS-CFG Compliance management committees and leadership teams.
- Work with the Head of Fair Banking or Director of Compliance for Consumer Banking to assist Regulatory Relations in coordinating regulatory examinations, advice on action plans designed to address regulatory findings and track timely remediation of regulatory issues associated with the business.
- Work with the Head of Fair Banking or Director of Compliance to enable a successful people change program across Compliance by proactive participation in change initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field required; Master degree preferred
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager designation preferred
- 6-10 years Compliance, Risk or Audit experience with proven ability to proactively collaborate with colleagues and management
- Strong communication, collaboration, and technical compliance skills. Should be able to work effectively with others at all levels across the organization and provide authoritative guidance to management and staff within the organization.
- Experience working within a large, complex financial service organization.
- Strong working knowledge of the compliance risks associated with a banking institution as well as experience working in and/or building effective compliance programs.
- Experience reading and interpreting regulations, laws, and statutes. Strong research skills preferred.
- Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability are of key importance.
- Prior experience working with regulatory agencies, including OCC, FDIC or State agencies, or large financial institution preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM