Overview of RBS Citizens
As part of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS), RBS Citizens is one of the world's leading commercial banking institutions. Our affiliation with RBS allows us to extend our reach to more than 38 countries, where we serve as a source of local expertise, have in-market operations and provide dedicated client service wherever our clients do business. We offer a full range of corporate banking solutions tailored to meet our clients' needs - from loan and deposit products to cash management, international services and more.
RBS Citizens is looking for a highly motivated, talented, diverse group of individuals who qualify to apply for the Commercial Banker Development Program ("the Program"). The Program prepares promising individuals for a career in commercial banking at one of the nation's largest super-regional banks.
Overview of RBS Citizens Financial Group
RBS Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is a $132 billion commercial bank holding company comprised of Retail and Commercial operations. Our Retail operations include more than 1,500 branches, approximately 3,900 ATMs and more than 20,900 colleagues in 12 states. We have commercial offices in more than 30 states throughout the Northeast, Mid Atlantic and Mid West. RBS Citizens Financial Group became a wholly owned subsidiary of RBS (The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc) in December 1988. For more information you can visit our website at www.citizensbank.com .
- The Program includes a combination of classes, self-study, on-the-job training, and line rotations over a 12-month period.
- Training begins with classes concentrating in accounting, financial and credit analysis and high level corporate finance.
- Participants are exposed to a range of lending, banking product and support areas within the bank through focused training sessions with experts from the various departments.
- Participants are exposed to senior executives from various divisions and will be assigned a mentor at the beginning of the program.
Upon successful completion of the Program, graduates will be placed in a Commercial Banking business line as a Credit Analyst. A Commercial Banking Credit Analyst is typically responsible for supporting senior level Portfolio Managers in evaluating new credit requests, renewals, expansion of existing credit facilities and annual reviews as well as managing compliance with basic financial statement requirements and analysis.
Role and Responsibilities
- As a Commercial Banking Associate, each individual will be enrolled in the full-time program and is responsible for successfully completing all aspect of the program including:
- The Accounting session, complete with two exams; an average passing grade of 75% on the exams is required to proceed with the Program.
- Attend all classes and complete homework and other assignments as required.
- Demonstrate competence in materials presented and ability to successful complete a Credit Proposal Summary write-up on a typical bank client.
- Demonstrated academic achievement in undergraduate degree programs. Minimum GPA of 3.5 preferred.
- All majors considered. Coursework in Finance, Accounting and Economics beneficial but not required. Note: the Program will offer class work and training in all accounting and financial concepts needed; however, candidates must demonstrate that they have learned the basic skills required to continue with the Program.
- Self starter and self motivated
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player who can work closely with others to complete projects under pressure with limited time and resources.
- Internship or relevant work experience preferred but not required
All qualified candidates must submit their resume (overall and major GPAs noted) with a mandatory one page cover letter. The cover letter should speak to the following:
- Why you are interested in working for RBS Citizens
- Why you are interested in Commercial Banking
- What unique attributes you bring to the Company and Program
No application will be reviewed without both the cover letter and resume. Generic cover letters will not be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM