Corporate Services Operations has responsibility for the facilities management of all US based retail branches and the delivery of all related functions and services including utilities, facilities management, repairs and maintenance, and cleaning. The overall retail branch footprint encompasses:
- Approximately 1,400 bank branches
- Distributed over 12 States
- Providing services for approximately 15,000 staff
- Current operating budget in excess of $100 million annually
- Serving the business needs of RBS Citizens (including brands Citizens Bank and Charter One Bank)
The Retail Facility Strategy Manager will have responsibility for understanding market trends in Retail Banking as well as competitor facility and retail strategies and influencing both our property and Banking strategy development. Additionally, this individual will help coordinate the delivery of our outsourced facility-related services (repairs and maintenance, utilities, cleaning, some project management and overall facilities management) to align with the Retail Bank / Consumer Banking business strategy (to include facility type, location, branding, etc.)
This individual must understand the Branch Improvement, Asset Preservation, and facilities operating budget including detail as to where (geography) budget is being spent and types of projects / investment. Additionally, this person must work closely with the Property Portfolio Strategy team in Corporate Services to understand and influence regional and business property strategies.
The role will interface with several executives in the Retail and Consumer Banking business colleagues across the region and must contribute to and understand the business strategy, influence the CS Operations strategy accordingly, and articulate the alignment of delivery to all parties.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Developing a strong influence on and deep understanding of our property portfolio strategy in the Americas region. Additionally, developing a strong influence on and deep understanding of our Retail / Consumer Banking business strategy with a particular focus on facilities, location, and merchandise / branding. With that understanding, leading and influencing the delivery of facilities related services to maximize alignment to and impact on the Retail / Consumer Banking business.
- Managing relationships with business units at senior levels, contributing to business strategy influence and development and adjusting the CS Operations facility delivery accordingly; coordinating activity of Facility Delivery Managers and outsourced service provider model to maximize alignment to and positive impact on the business strategy.
- Focusing on the industry trends and financial services / retail business peers and benchmarks to develop innovative ideas and market relevant strategies to more favorably position our facilities and overall brand with our Bank customers.
- Participate as a key member of the RBS Americas Facilities Senior Leadership team, contributing to setting the direction for strategy, developing recognition and trust for and enhancing the reputation of the function within the wider property industry and business community.
- 12-15 years of experience with management of customer /consumer facing operations group
- Experience with management of outsourced supplier relationships in management position
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a management position within Facilities Management or leadership position in Retail environment
- Verifiable experience of driving change at operational level
- Proven strategic leadership skills in a critical business environments
- Track record of delivering substantial and sustainable quality improvement and increased service delivery programs during career to date
- Ability to implement change in a dynamic business environment where RBS Citizens Corporate Services Operations needs to respond rapidly to business change in a performance driven culture, providing clarity of purpose, fact based decision-making, and certainty of achievement
- Experience building and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Budgetary understanding and financial control for region
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelors Degree in related field required; Master's Degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM