Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We're one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The Finance department covers Product Control, Financial Control, Financial Decision Support and Tax.
Both Product and Financial Control are jointly responsible for the integrity of the financial records of Barclays.
Product Control has a significant presence and role within the organization. There is a close working relationship with the trading desks and other areas focusing on control, service and reporting. We are a central point of contact for many issues that affect the bank including new product approval, model validation and independent verification of derivative valuations. By placing a heavy emphasis on information technology and focusing on project work we are able to address control and operational risks and meet our internal and external obligations
A seasoned Executive Assistant is required to support the Americas Chief Financial Officer. The main duties of the role include dedicated provision of both secretarial and administrative support.
- Preparation of extensive analytics regarding IBD costs and Headcount
- Ability to perform comprehensive analysis around expense and headcount trends and run rates
- Understand key metrics around IBD budget and actual in order to advise the businesses on potential opportunities and risks
- Liaise with various departments like Legal, Financial Control, Product Control, Operations to assist the business in profitability analysis
- Uses Critical thinking to identify needed escalated issues to the appropriate business partners
- Have the ability to analyze complex information and lay it out clearly in PowerPoint
- Coordinate monthly cost review with business COO's in order to inform them of any cost related issues
- Assist in yearly budget process by working closely with the COO's to develop a transparent cost picture to measure the business against
- Work closely with finance partners in Europe and Asia
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience within the Financial Services Industry
- 1+ years experience with MS Excel & PowerPoint with a focus on pivot tables and lookups
- SAP/BW experience
- Strong time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently and prioritize
- Team player with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills