Desk Analyst, Credit Sales & Trading
Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) provides a variety of services across the globe with an underlying specialisation in interest rate, commodity or foreign exchange related institutional trading, marketing, lending, clearing or platform provision.
The predominant FICC client base is financial institutions and significant commodity producers and consumers. With structuring, sales and trading professionals in the Australia, New Zealand, the Americas, Canada, Asia and the Middle East, FICC offers quality service and risk management solutions to meet our clients' needs.
FICC offers trading, sales, research and finance covering:
- Fixed income - interest rate, debt and credit securities
- Currency - foreign exchange spot, forward and tailored services
- Commodities - metals, energy, environmental products, agriculture, freight, bulk commodities, and complementary futures services
FICC operates in most major trading markets and emerging markets around the world.
About Credit Sales and Trading Analytics:
The Analytics team supports the risk-taking / market-making activities of FICC's Credit Sales and Trading business. Analytics assesses the risk and return potential of a wide variety of leveraged loan, debt securities, trade claims and post-reorganization equities arising out of high yield, distressed and special situations. Analytics team members contribute to idea generation, develop and maintain relationships with buy-side analysts and provide trading and sales personnel fundamental assessments of the financial instruments they trade.
- Support senior analysts with respect to:
- Build and maintain operating models for high yield, distressed and special situation issuers
- Provide fundamental analyses of securities and leveraged loans
- Work on companies across sectors and throughout the capital structure
- Draft trade idea memos for sales force & traders and assist in generating new opportunities and ideas
- With experience, eventually assume primary analyst responsibilities
- Part of a small team with a very flat org structure
Skills & Experiences Required:
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in a High Yield/Distressed Credit Analytics or Investment Banking/Leveraged Finance Advisory role
- Previous experience in restructuring, M&A, leverage finance and/or debt capital markets
- Strong modeling and financial statement analysis skills, including a good understanding of commonly used valuation techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities & the ability to work with people at all levels
- Strong time management skills - be able to effectively juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to work in an open, fast-paced environment
- strong attention to detail and a hard-working, can-do attitude
- Ambitious, motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
- Prior experience working with standard Investment Banking databases (i.e. Bloomberg, Capital IQ, LCD, Debtwire etc.)