|Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could act as one to deliver solutions to clients throughout the world. With the most diverse array of products and the greatest distribution capacity of any financial firm in the world, our employees manage 200 million customer accounts across six continents in more than 100 countries.|
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citigroup") are equal opportunity employers M/F/D/V and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic.
Citi Community Capital (CCC) is an important part of Citi's Investment Bank, responsible for meeting Citi's community development lending and investing goals under the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). Our core competencies are investment banking, lending, trading, and securitization. Our core products are construction loans, permanent loans, and Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC). CCC lends and invests in excess of $3 billion per year throughout the United States, with a primary focus on financing affordable multifamily rental housing developments. CCC is part of the Municipal Securities Division in the Institutional Clients Group of Citi.
CCC is looking to add an experienced professional to join its Transaction Management Group.
- Coordinate new deal closings, extensions, conversions, and other pipeline events within the Project Finance portfolio (e.g., construction loans, letters of credit, and bonds).
- Work closely with deal team members such as Originations, Underwriting, Asset Management, Construction Risk, Legal Counsel and other teams throughout the closing and approval process.
- Organize deal team meetings to discuss timeline, construction budget, funds flow, and lending and equity partners on the deal.
- Track completion of due diligence items to ensure compliance, credit/risk, legal, and other firm requirements/conditions are met prior to closing.
- Display a strong understanding of policies and procedures.
- Review deal summaries and legal documents to ensure the risk profile and deal structure are consistent and accurate across all systems and tracking tools.
- Book the transaction in various loan servicing and trade capture systems which feed books and records.
- Prepare settlement statements and reconcile deal-related fees and expenses.
- Liaise with Client on their initial closing advances, including validating the supporting invoices.
- Review core legal documentation for economic terms, conditions, and servicing requirements.
- Prepare post-closing hand-off summaries to the servicing team member.
- Identify efficiency improvements in all operational aspects of the business.
- Participate in special projects.
- Candidate is required to have a BA/BS with a minimum of 3 years experience in real estate industry/loan administration, or equivalent role. Previous closing experience with affordable multifamily deals preferred.
- Individual must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Energetic individual who shows initiatives, is a team player, and has a positive attitude to change.
- Ease with learning new systems/applications required. Demonstrates good excel skills.
- Quick learner and ability to work with minimal direct supervision.