The Director Revenue Assurance plans, implements, communicates, and maintains a revenue assurance program which identifies risk, mitigates loss, and ensures adherence with applicable contractual and other regulatory requirements.
The Director Revenue Assurance focuses primarily on revenue-related risk, but also manages other relevant financial and operational risks.
Compliance Manager Responsibilities
- Ensure the establishment of systems and processes to identify revenue risk, assess mitigation measures and monitor their effectiveness, identify deficiencies and develop remediation strategies.
- Partner with the Global Billing Organization, Sales and Sales Operations to ensure the “order to cash” process is effective.
- Foster a management culture that encourages revenue compliance among all Company personnel, and ensure that employees have the tools and training to enable them to meet compliance requirements.
- Develop monitoring tools and conduct periodic audits to measure the effectiveness of compliance protocols and identify exceptions.
- Determine root cause of compliance exceptions and suggest corrective actions.
- Monitor changes in regulatory requirements and collaborate with other departments (e.g., Tax, Accounting, Legal and Treasury) to ensure compliance requirements are met.
Essential Job Requirements
- Technical background in some aspect of accounting, audit, or compliance. Knowledge of SOX and external audit requirements a plus
- Proficiency in personal computer and software applications to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Data analytics a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop reports and effectively communicate findings to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work independently under specified objectives, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive professional business relationships.
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple functions.
- Willingness to perform detailed tasks.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have a minimum of a BA/BS in business related field. Advanced degree in business a plus.
- Minimum ten years experience in accounting or audit function, including working knowledge of revenue recognition rules.
- Familiarity with billing systems, international business and business process outsourcing a plus.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.