Business Unit Overview:
The Global Talent Management team is responsible for providing a broad range of Talent Practices and Professional, Management, and Leadership development programs across the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
This role is to be a part of the New York based Global Talent Management team providing design, delivery and coordination of Talent Practices, which include Performance Management, Talent Assessment, High Potential Development Planning, Promotions, Development and Career Planning.
The role partners and consults closely with HR Business Partners, Business Leaders and other key stakeholders to inform and support the design and implementation of these practices.
Working in partnership with the Head of Talent Practices:
• Manage the global performance management, talent assessment and promotions processes, this includes; setting deadlines; ensuring internal systems are ready/changes implemented; ensuring business compliance, comprehension and completion of training
• Develop tools and training that raise awareness, accountability and capability regarding all the talent practices
• Drive consistency and clarity across the business in the way talent and performance is assessed and value created from these processes
• Create tools and raise awareness across the business that results in improving the quality of development planning and career conversations, particularly for our HiPo's and diverse talent in order that we deepen our bench and succession readiness
• Acts as an internal consultant with business areas/leaders directly and in partnership with HR business partners to ensure connectivity of talent management agenda with the business agenda and ensuring we continue to derive real value from our approach
• Delivery of presentations, training and other face to face methods of raising awareness and capability regards talent practices to a variety of audiences
• Participate in ad hoc projects as required
Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ years of HR experience, preferably in several of the following areas: Performance Management, Talent Assessment, High Potential Development Planning, Promotions, Development and Career Planning, Career Frameworks/Pathways Organization Design, Re-structuring, Change Management, Project Management, Design and Delivery of Learning
• Worked as a consultant - either internally or as an external consultant within People, Talent and/or Change Management Practices
• Minimum bachelor degree
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong ability to develop storyboards and convey concepts using PowerPoint
• Strong ability to analyze and interpret data
• Facilitation skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high results
• Passion for Talent Management and People Development
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
• Able to navigate through ambiguity; flexible and adaptable to change
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer--M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions -- from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.