State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $24.37 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.09 trillion in assets under management at December 31, 2012, State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,660 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,660 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility -- to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us -- people like you.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The Credit Analysis function within the Counterparty Credit Approval group in ERM is responsible for supporting the principal ERM objectives by completing thorough credit analysis and due diligence of State Street counterparties to facilitate informed credit decisions and to support monitoring of material counterparty exposures and limits and to escalate identified risks as appropriate. The candidate for this particular position will principally perform credit analyses of non-fund counterparties, largely corporate and insurance counterparties, who seek to do business with State Street across a spectrum of business products.
- Conducts independent risk analysis and assessments for both large scale and the most complex entities/transactions
- Gathers information about customer relationship and related credit exposures
- Reviews financial statements and other supporting documentation
- Utilizes multiple sources to gain background information on assigned clients
- Prepares summary of terms and conditions including assessment of any financial covenants
- Analyzes company industry, competitive position and historical financial performance
- Identifies risk issues, strengths and weaknesses
- Identifies exceptions to policies and guidelines
- Recommends an appropriate risk rating
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years related experience including commercial lending and formal bank credit training or equivalent.
- Prior analytical experience of insurance counterparties (or corporates) strongly preferred
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, documentation, credit and administration skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and multitask
- Attention to detail