When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. We enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
The Dow Jones Newswires development group is seeking a top notch Application Development Consultant who is responsible for developing low latency data processing and feed solutions. The candidate must be a best of breed C developer ready to hit the ground running. All development will use Agile methodologies and be produced incrementally in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate is responsible for:
• Software design and development in a real or near real-time processing environment
• Building and maintaining parsing solutions
In an environment that includes the following technologies:
• C , Linux, XML
Technical Skills Required:
• Strong C developer, 6 years experience
• Strong Object Oriented Design/Development skills
• Using XML to configure software
• Multi-threaded programming
• Logging Techniques
• Real or Near Real-Time System experience
• Unit testing frameworks such as CppUnit and the Eclipse IDE
• Continuous Integration experience
• Significant experience implementing systems with open source tools
• Unix scripting (Bash and/or Bourne shell, RPM)
• Excellent communications skills.
• Must be able to excel in a team environment
• BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline preferred.
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.