The Client Solutions team is comprised of over 120 professionals globally that provide complex solutions support for the Firm's largest institutional clients. The team has a broad set of investment experience across fixed income, equity, alternatives and a wide range of specialized investment strategies. It also focuses on outcome-oriented investing solutions, taking into account liabilities, capital and other drivers of investment strategy.
The Global Manager Research team within Client Solutions in New York is seeking an Operational Due Diligence Analyst to cover traditional asset class and fund of fund investment managers.
- Conduct operational risk reviews on investment managers and funds/vehicles spanning all traditional asset classes
- Compile and monitor investment manager and service provider relationships, terms, manager and fund-/vehicle-specific data points
- Support the design, documentation and implementation of team policies, standards and procedures
- Participate in and support onsite due diligence reviews on third party managers and service provider operational support structures, internal controls, trade processing environments, process flows, and personnel to identify key risks in the operational infrastructure
- Evaluate accounting and reporting processes and controls including cash management, valuation practices, and NAV analysis
- Review fund manager and service provider audited financial statements and control reports
- Evaluate fund/vehicle infrastructures, relevant regulatory regimes, market trends, and industry developments
- Review funds'/vehicles' legal documentation, compliance procedures, and regulatory requirements in collaboration with BlackRock legal team representatives
- Prepare detailed operational due diligence reports for communication to management and present findings to the Manager Research Review Committee
- Develop market intelligence and understand and continuously update procedures against industry best practices for fund managers, administrators, valuation agents, non-executive directors, prime brokers, external auditors, and legal representatives
- Establish and prioritize the review and project calendar, meeting the timelines for deliverables
- Proactively seek opportunities for process automation and systems enhancement
- Some potential for occasional client-facing activity
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services industry, preferably in a securities operations, fund accounting or audit function
- Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree or professional designation such as MBA, CPA or CFA preferred
- Proficiency in Excel (functions, formulas, macros and VBA) and Microsoft Access preferred
- Outstanding verbal, written communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated track record of sound and accurate judgment
- Proven ability to evaluate, prioritize, and determine issues requiring escalation
- Ability to work both independently and in a team under time pressure
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data
- Ability to travel domestically
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer--M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions -- from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.