When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in 28 languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Who are we?
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide. Part of Dow Jones’ Product X, the Private Markets team delivers independent, exclusive coverage of venture capital and private equity deals, fundraising and exits. Our databases include data on over 65,000 VC and PE backed private companies, worldwide, with detailed information on private companies and their products, participating General Partners and Limited Partners, amounts raised and valuations.
What is the role?
Product Manager, Private Markets News
What is my personal contribution?
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate comfort with managing technology product development, understanding current development timeframes, methodologies, and feasibility
- Have proven experience creating new products, as well as significantly improving and transforming existing products or product-driven businesses
- Demonstrate past experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Be a self-starter and motivated to generate ideas; demonstrate the attention to detail required for the professional execution of those ideas
- Demonstrate passion, interest and/or deep knowledge in the digital content and business intelligence industry
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience delivering projects in a timely and cost effective way
- Ability to adapt communication styles while maintaining a professional and credible demeanor to build both internal and external relationships
- High level of initiative and self-motivation with flexibility for changing requirements
- Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customer issues effectively and efficiently.
- University degree level education in a relevant field with strong academic credentials
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company. Full training on the Dow Jones product range will be provided in addition to training on the markets in which we operate.
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.