When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Factiva, Barron's, etc. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
The Director Product Management will be responsible for building and delivering great products, managing all aspects of the product lifecycle. Planning and development for new products aimed at serving institutions data related to Risk & Compliance & Due Diligence Reports as well as other Institutional Product initiatives.
• Make business decisions, by engaging with customers and products, the Dow Jones News team, as well as the Dow Jones salesforce and customer service organization
• Drive product development according to business needs
• Implement product solutions, working closely with the technology organization and project managers to ensure timely and efficient delivery
• Work closely with a small, close-knit product team in a collaborative and flexible manner"
• Previous experience as a product manager and end user of institutional financial and database products within the financial services industry helpful.
• Being comfortable with managing technology product development, understanding current development timeframes, methodologies, and feasibility
• Proven experience working on creating new products, as well as significantly improving and transforming existing products or product-driven businesses
• Has experience building enterprise class, data oriented websites
• Have worked in an entrepreneurial environment
• Be a self starter and motivated to generate ideas, as well as demonstrate an attention to detail including the professional execution of those ideas
• Experience of delivering projects in a timely and cost effective way
• Ability to adapt a communication style while maintain a professional and credible demeanour building both internal and external relationships
• High level of initiative and self motivation with flexibility to changing requirements
• Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customers' issues effectively and efficiently.
• University degree level education
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.