When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in 28 languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Who are we?
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide.
What is the role?
Dow Jones is dramatically changing its institutional product business and looking to hire a head of content acquisition to join our team. You will have a chance to shape a completely new institutional product that combines the strengths and content sets of our Factiva, newswires, risk & compliance and private markets products.
What is my personal contribution?
You will be responsible for driving the global strategy and execution of content acquisition for our institutional business
• Make business decisions, by engaging with Dow Jones’ institutional customers and products, as well as the Dow Jones sales-force and customer service organization
• Drive content acquisition according to business needs via licensing deals, partnerships, and technology solutions
• Manage a team of global content licensing professionals
• Work closely with a small, close-knit product team in a collaborative and flexible manner
What are my accountabilities?
The ideal candidate with demonstrate:
• Sales management success, preferably in the content acquisition context
• Experience working on creating new content-based products, as well as significantly improving and transforming content-based businesses
• Have worked in an entrepreneurial environment
• Be a self starter and motivated to generate ideas, as well as demonstrate an attention to detail including the professional execution of those ideas
• Can demonstrate passion, interest and/or deep knowledge in the digital content and business intelligence industry
• Possesses a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a relevant area with strong academic credentials
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Proven experience and in depth understanding of managing large accounts that require complex integrated solution strategies.
• Experience of delivering projects in a timely and cost effective way
• Ability to drive a variety of business, product, and technology initiatives and pro-actively address them with solutions and ideas
• High level of initiative and self motivation with flexibility to changing requirements
• Excellent communication skills as this role may take on
• Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customers' issues effectively and efficiently.
• University degree level education
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company. Full training on the Dow Jones product range will be provided in addition to training on the markets in which we operate.
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.