When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
The Business Development team is focused on identifying and assessing opportunities, developing custom business proposals, and growing our audience, with a priority on revenue and strategic impact on Dow Jones products. The team collaborates closely with the editorial, product development, technology, ad sales and operations, marketing, and analytics professionals defining and executing upon future plans on a global scale.
• Play a key role in the development of new vertically driven businesses and brand extensions for WSJDN properties that not only generate stand alone revenue streams but also support our core financial drivers
• Develop formalized business plan; defining appropriate category strategy, competitive landscape, cost-analysis, commercial terms, and execution plan
• Execute/launch new businesses as well as foster their growth and manage the partner relationship
• Negotiate and bring deals to completion in partnership with key business stakeholders and legal
• Work closely across multiple functional areas (sales, marketing, product, editorial) to develop consistent and efficient strategies and executions
• Look at research to analyze key industry trends particularly digital, social and mobile and make recommendations on revenue and distribution opportunities
• Consult with existing and potential partners to negotiate and execute digital deals
• Proactively identify potential opportunities and think creatively in business situations
• 5-7 years experience in the development and maintenance of new digital businesses with a focus on e-commerce
• Experience marketing a new business (social, SEM, email etc.)
• Partner/account management skills
• Experience in financial forecasting, risk assessment – p&l ownership experience a plus
• Stellar negotiating skills start-up experience a plus
• Strong knowledge of digital landscape and trends
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.