When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in 28 languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Who are we?
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide. Part of Dow Jones’ DJX, the Private Markets team delivers independent, exclusive coverage of venture capital and private equity deals, fundraising and exits. Our databases include data on over 65,000 VC and PE backed private companies, worldwide, with detailed information on private companies and their products, participating General Partners and Limited Partners, amounts raised and valuations.
What is my personal contribution?
- You will be responsible for delivering great products for the DJX business focused on Private Markets news, managing all aspects of product planning and development. You will:
- Make business decisions, by engaging with DJX customers and products, as well as the Wall Street Journal and the Dow Jones sales and customer service organizations
- Grow the Product X user base and increase usage within the Private Equity and Venture Capital markets
- Drive product development according to business needs, including new analytics tools that will expand the audience for DJX within the Private Equity and Venture Capital markets
- Identify and implement opportunities to simplify and enhance the user interface
- Work with the research team to identify ways to make data collection easier and more effective
- Work closely with the DJX team on the mobile strategy for VentureSource users
- Develop training materials for users, sales and customer support; ensure that VentureSource users are getting expert customer support in a timely manner
- Implement product solutions, working closely with the technology organization and project managers to ensure timely and efficient delivery
- Work closely with a small, close-knit product team in a collaborative and flexible manner
What are my accountabilities?
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate comfort with managing technology product development, understanding current development timeframes, methodologies, and feasibility
- Have proven experience creating new products, as well as significantly improving and transforming existing products or product-driven businesses
- Demonstrate past experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Be a self-starter and motivated to generate ideas; demonstrate the attention to detail required for the professional execution of those ideas
- Demonstrate passion, interest and/or deep knowledge in the digital content and business intelligence industry
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience delivering projects in a timely and cost effective way
- Ability to adapt communication styles while maintaining a professional and credible demeanor to build both internal and external relationships
- High level of initiative and self-motivation with flexibility for changing requirements
- Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customer issues effectively and efficiently.
- University degree level education in a relevant field with strong academic credentials
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company. Full training on the Dow Jones product range will be provided in addition to training on the markets in which we operate.
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.