The Digital Marketing Consultant will work with the entrepreneurial team that produces world-class conferences at The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones. The DJ/WSJ conferences group launches and operates successful summits attended by the world’s leading CEOs, politicians and innovators, as well as by top executives in vertical business segments. Current conferences in our roster include The Wall Street Journal CEO Council, CFO Network, CIO Network, ECO:nomics, Viewpoints, the DJ Private Equity Analyst Conference, and others. More information about our summits can be found at www.wsj.com/conferences .
This is a 4-month contract position . The Digital Marketing Consultant will be expected to become an active member of the team, joining campaigns currently underway for a variety of conferences.
The Digital Marketing Consultant’s responsibilities will fall into three general categories:
(1) List development: develop and optimize target-customer lists as needed of top executives and influencers worldwide, to drive ticket sales and conference interest optimizing and maintaining the databases that house those lists and developing reports that are relevant to our stakeholders
(2) Digital marketing: oversee and execute email blasts to a wide variety of lists for all our conferences: manage social media marketing campaigns using Twitter, Facebook, and other social media channels as needed
(3) On-site digital services for conference attendees: examples include managing relevant online communities and mobile apps for conference and similar initiatives
The Digital Marketing Consultant should be able to ramp up quickly on knowledge of conference brands and jump right in to digital campaigns. The Consultant should have a get-it-done mentality, with the ability roll up his or her sleeves and get into the details of campaigns and tasks.
• Experience in direct marketing, ideally with a focus on email and database marketing and analysis
• Comfort with and experience in Excel, email marketing and database programs
• Experience working with designers and developers
• A strong brand sensibility and the recognition that all aspects of a particular product must reflect a particular identity, strategy and positioning
• A creative, strategic mindset and the propensity to continuously improve efficiency
• Experience with high-end customers is desirable
• Excellent organizational and project-management skills, as well as close attention to detail and the ability to ensure milestones are met on time and on budget
• The ability to be self-directed and work under constant deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, a professional demeanor, and the ability to interact with executives from a range of departments
Also essential are energy, enthusiasm, initiative, and the ability to work with a team in a constantly evolving, entrepreneurial environment. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.