for our clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. As you'll discover, our culture supports this. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we're driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and the opportunity to excel.
Named the "Best Global Investment Bank" in Euromoney Magazine's annual Awards for Excellence, Deutsche Bank is a leader in Germany and Europe and is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets.
Group Audit has a high profile in today's fast-changing banking environment. Focused on identifying potential risk exposure, the function offers vital insights into the adequacy of the design and the operating effectiveness of systems of internal control.
A global function operating from four hub locations (London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore) and 30 other locations globally, Group Audit is increasingly relied upon by banking regulators to provide independent, consistent and objective assurance.
Our people are outstanding individuals with agile minds, from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. They generate fresh ideas and innovative solutions which set us apart from our competitors and add value to our clients.
- Auditor within the AWM team who reports into a Principal Audit Manager (PAM) who in turn reports in the Chief Auditor (CA). The CA has global responsibility.
- The candidate will be required to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks involved in the relevant business areas in accordance with Group Audit Methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
- The candidate will contribute to Risk Assessment Profiles/ Business Monitoring and overall implementation of Group Audit Methodology.
- The candidate will be a team member, or may lead the team, and will be required to implement dynamic planning through continuous monitoring of the business and successfully implement risk based audits both locally and globally.
- The candidate will undertake audit assignments, draft audit reports for review by audit management and facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues.
- The candidate will be required to complete all work assigned to them on a timely basis. This may also include ad hoc projects and special investigations.
- The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to develop relationships across the DB franchise and to communicate orally and in writing the results of their work to clients at all levels.
- The candidate will be required to pro-actively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas. The candidate will work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally (e.g. LRC, Finance and IT) and globally.
- They will understand the client's marketplace and respond to expectations and will continue to develop technical expertise relevant to the industry.
- The majority of the audit work is based in New York, however, the team is also responsible for coverage in other U.S. cities, and the Cayman Islands. Occasional travel may therefore be required.
Job Requirements - Essential Skills
A significant internal or external Audit experience - at least 4 years - (in a major bank, broker/dealer, Asset Manager or Big 4 accounting firm) is a pre-requisite and ideally a good understanding of institutional/retail asset management, private banking, including offshore banking, real estate asset management, hedge funds and private equity.
We are looking for an audit professional who is a self starter and is comfortable facing off also the senior management in the company.
The candidate should be flexible, pro-active, self sufficient and innovative with strong organizational skills to take ownership and responsibility of agreed targets and meet them within budget to enable a timely and efficient completion of audit projects. The candidate will be a natural role model and reference point for his/her peer group.
The candidate has an innovative mindset and can develop ideas, which have a positive impact.
He/she will be able to multi-task assignments and prioritize his/her workload with limited supervision and be resilient under pressure and be able to deliver to deadlines.
The candidate should have excellent written/verbal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels within Group Audit and with the client.
Specific experience auditing the buy side (Asset and/or Wealth Management, Retail Banking, Alternative Asset Management) is not necessary but preferable.
At Deutsche Bank, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action (M/F/D/V) employer.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at db.com/careers