The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation with more than 2.3 million subscribers and 36 million global digital visitors per month. In recent years, The Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, the Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Account Executive is responsible for selling all platforms across the entire WSJ franchise. Duties include coordinating the preparation, documentation and presentation of local sales packages; maintaining local account lists; identifying and developing potential new local advertisers; generating advertising revenues in accordance with budgetary goals; and preparing and reporting on proposed contractual sales agreements.
• Generate advertising revenues in accordance with specific budgetary goals.
• Identify and develops potential new local advertisers.
• Coordinate preparation of order, order execution, and post purchase reporting to client/ agency.
• Maintain and grows local account lists.
• Coordinate and executes the preparation, documentation, and presentation of local sales packages.
• Prepare and report on all proposed contractual sales agreements.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications is highly preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years sales experience is necessary with prior advertising sales experience preferred.
• Prior advertising agency experience is a plus.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is needed.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills are required. Strong one on one and group presentations skills are essential. Strong knowledge of program ratings methodology is necessary.
• A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships is essential.
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.