The Content Licensing Manager is a full-time permanent position responsible for acquiring new content for Dow Jones’ institutional product, DJX (i.e. developing and negotiating new contracts) and also managing current relationships with content suppliers/publishers.
Additional responsibilities will include determining DJX customers’ content needs, suppliers’ key decision-makers, and effectively presenting the acquired content within DJX. The manager will work with senior management to develop strategic business goals, to identify content suppliers/publishers with unique content applications, and to cultivate relationships with these suppliers to negotiate future contracts.
• Ability to recommend content sets and suppliers that are unique, differentiated and will help sell DJX
• Assist regional director to implement, adapt, revise and continue to evolve regional content acquisition strategy and support director to meet company goals.
• Determine suppliers’ key decision makers, identify needs and concerns, and effectively present the benefits of distribution through Dow Jones.
• Negotiate with existing and prospective sources of content. Will work in close collaboration with regional director, legal staff, as well as finance and product teams.
• Conduct licensing activities for new and existing content sources to contribute to improving profitability
• Move relationships toward the kinds of collaboration that will allow the Company to develop or provide better services, taking full advantage of available technology.
• Develop special relationships with certain publishers for unique content set/unique application or for integration of content into our products
• Work with the marketing team to transfer knowledge about content to the sales team and to customers
• Follow departmental workflow guidelines to ensure workflow excellence.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree with around 5 years of relevant work experience in media, information business, or financial services industry.
• Strong negotiating, relationship, interpersonal, and communication skills
• General knowledge of the online industry and publishers’ outlooks and concerns
• Commercial awareness of the implications of potential contractual obligations
• Understanding of XML and news standards formats. Additional linguistic tech background would be an advantage
• High degree of professionalism, adaptability & tenacity
• Excellent organizational skills
• Openness to new disciplines or areas of knowledge
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.