Senior Desktop Engineer
Under minimal supervision, provides guidance, assistance, coordination, follow-up on customer issues, and real-time desktop support pertaining to all systems applications, hardware and software.
• Responds to more complex issues escalated by all other support personnel.
• Provides 3rd level desktop support including problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution steps for system and application software, PC hardware, and peripherals.
• Provides project leadership, including analysis and evaluation of resource and delivery requirements with project estimates.
• Develop and maintain documentation needed by support staff, including troubleshooting steps, installation instructions, new tools overviews, and contact lists.
• Records and logs all details related to support calls dispatched or handled in call tracking system.
• Researches, evaluates and analyzes end-user operations and support processes, and makes recommendations to management on methods for optimizing and improving overall customer service.
• Creates and modifies programs and scripts needed for support infrastructure.
• Performs system software, application and hardware upgrades.
• Analyzes and evaluates 3rd party software products available in the marketplace for potential implementation, and makes recommendation to management.
• Conducts pre-beta production environment testing of new applications.
• Provides guidance and training to support personnel.
• Develops and maintains training programs.
• Provides telephone support to remote users who experience software or hardware problems.
• Provides timely updates and reports to management on all project work and unique assignments.