The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation with more than 2.3 million subscribers and 36 million global digital visitors per month. In recent years, The Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, the Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Account Executive is responsible for selling advertising in a defined vertical market – Commercial Real Estate. Responsibilities include conducting a needs analysis with clients, recommending a plan of action that demonstrates the features and benefits of The Wall Street Journal brand and audience and then closing business based on a recommended solution. Analyzes market for sales potential; provides regular sales forecast of sales territory, may suggest new strategies or programs to develop sales; delivers and may assist in the development of oral or visual business proposals. Requires consistent achievement of monthly sales goals and active management of and prospecting for new clients. May be required to participate in job-related social functions.
• Generate advertising revenues in accordance with specific budgetary goals.
• Identify and develop potential new advertisers
• Develop needs analysis and ensuing business proposals, meet and present to client to close business
• Based upon needs analysis, sell WSJ products and services to clients by combining programs and editorial or event packages with appropriate WSJ franchise solution
• Maintain active account and revenue forecast of sales territory
• Prepare and report on all proposed contractual sales agreements
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications is highly preferred
• A minimum of 3-5 years sales experience is necessary with prior advertising sales experience preferred
• Prior advertising agency experience is a plus
• Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is needed
• Stronger understanding and experience using CRM systems – preferred Salesforce.com
• Excellent organizational and project management skills are required. Strong one on one and group presentations skills are essential. Strong knowledge of program ratings methodology is necessary
• A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships is essential
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.