When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Working within the Brand Marketing at Dow Jones, the Director of Integrated Marketing is responsible for leading a team of marketing professionals responsible for planning and executing results-oriented institutional marketing campaigns, events and programs in order to create demand and drive qualified leads to Americas Regional Sales teams. This position also has responsibility for go-to-market, grow-in-market and retention strategies across our institutional product offering. The successful applicant will need a thorough understanding of Dow Jones' customer needs, competition, and market opportunities in order to create campaigns and marketing programs. This position reports to the VP Marketing –Americas.
• Foster a collaborative relationship with sales and deliver key tactics in support of sales.
• Understand Dow Jones's solutions and ensure proper positioning and clear, consistent communications both internally and externally.
• Implement integrated institutional marketing campaigns to drive leads into the sales pipeline. Multi-channel marketing activities include media planning, social, video, mobile, display, search, content marketing, CRM, email, client events, and trade shows.
• Create marketing materials as required, including direct mailing, landing pages, SEM/SEO campaigns.
• Knowledge of enterprise B2B marketplace. Analyze customer accounts to identify market opportunities and additional buying centers; keep abreast of industry trends and competitive changes.
• Nurture a team culture of collaboration with good communication, high performance and accountability; improve project management skills of team to ensure delivery of activities on deadline
• Ensure all campaigns are measured against marketing KPI's and maximize lead gen potential
• Institutional Product team- to accurately understand our product and features and position them accordingly in the market
• Americas Brand Marketing Team
• Sales organization - to ensure that sales and marketing are working as a team towards the same objectives of revenue generation and retention.
• Other Marketing groups - most notably Design, MarComms and Marketing Operations.
• College degree and at least 5 years of B2B marketing experience.
• Excellent project management, marketing planning and leadership skills. Deadline oriented
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Initiates new ideas and proposes improvements to existing processes.
• Strong communication and people skills, team player, flexible and able to work under pressure.
• Knowledge of financial and corporate markets, competition and customers. Strong writing skills and track record in implementing America-wide marketing events and direct marketing campaigns. Knowledge of online information and publishing industry a plus.
• Strong track record in campaign metrics, measurement and reporting
• Analytical mindset with a passion for user behaviour and a relentless drive for performance to optimize marketing campaigns for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
• Experience working with interactive, creative and media agencies.
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.