We are working with a large commercial bank's model risk and validation team, and we are looking for an experienced risk manager to join and lead the group. You will be leading and growing a new team, and providing vision for enhancement existing model validation processes.
The quant team is filled with highly intellectual and technical individuals who value personal contributions in thought leadership and technical ability. It is a very collaborative and collegial environment that works closely with the various businesses, allowing for greater exposure and movement.
Location: New York State, USA
• Enhance and improve existing model risk and validation processes
• Advise on model validation methodologies & industry best practices for lines of businesses
• Lead and grow a team of model validation quants whose responsibilities will be performing full regression analysis, benchmarking, model assumption checks, and model reverse engineering.
• Interface with business heads (treasury, ALM, credit risk, etc)
• Min MS/ PhD in a quant discipline (Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, etc)
• Minimum 8+ years industry experience in quant model validation or model risk; model development experience a plus
• Minimum 2+ years managerial experience (especially managing quants)
• Working experience with financial models: credit risk, pricing, prepayment, goodwill, tax, etc
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with SAS, SQL, Matlab
• A huge opportunity to attain progression within a leading quantitative team
• Very analytical and quantitative exposure
• Career advancement and competitive compensation structure
This is an immediate hire, interviews are to begin soon and early application is advised. GQR also welcomes tentative enquiries from suitably qualified individuals.
Confidentiality and utmost discretion is 100% assured.
Key words: quantitative risk, risk models, model validation, derivative pricing model, market risk, VaR, model performance testing, model risk, stress testing, model usage, metrics, model benchmarking, revalidation, C++, Python, VBA, Matlab, Los Angeles
APPLY | firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
Search Consultant: James Friend
While a resume is preferable we also welcome tentative enquiries from well-qualified persons. To speak with an agent please contact one of our regional offices using the contact details listed below. Utmost confidentiality and discretion is assured.
LOS ANGELES | 1.310.807.5030
10877 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90025 | Office Hours: 6.00-21.00 PDT
NEW YORK | 1.212.763.8333
1325 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10173 | Office Hours: 9.00-21.00 EDT
LONDON | 020.3207.9090
St Clements House, London, EC4N 7AE | Office Hours: 9.00-21.00 GMT
HONG KONG | 852.3678.6738
2 Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central | Office Hours: 9.00-21.00 HKT
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com | www.g-t-r.com | www.gqrgm.com
GQR Global Quant, GQR Global Trading, GQR Global Markets
We operate globally and leverage our extensive relationships to unite the most talented people with the most intellectually and financially rewarding career opportunities throughout Europe, the United States, Asia and the Middle East.