Corporate Communications Manager
Dow Jones & Company is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations via newspapers, Web sites, apps, video, newsletters, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences, and radio. Dow Jones has produced unrivalled quality content for over 100 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, including The Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation. Other premier brands include Barron’s, MarketWatch, Factiva, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones VentureSource, and DJX. Its information services publish in 13 languages and distribute content in 28 languages, combining technology with news and data to support business decision making. The company pioneered the first successful paid online news site and its industry leading innovation enables it to serve customers wherever they may be, via the Web, mobile devices, Internet-connected televisions, and tablets.
Work closely with the Corporate Communications team to help drive brand awareness, maintain strategic relationships with key press and partners and proactively develop and execute internal and external efforts. The person who fills this position will be involved in virtually every aspect of the Dow Jones Corporate Communications department’s activities, working closely with high profile editors, reporters and senior executives.
Candidates must be enthusiastic, articulate and creative as well as skilled in media relations tasks such pitching, strategizing and monitoring media results. Incredibly strong writing skills are a must. Ideal candidates will be solutions oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines at any given time. As part of this position you must have superior verbal and presentation skills, and the presence to interact with senior executives and reporters. A record of secured placements/demonstrated experience is ideal.
• Minimum two years professional experience
• Media savvy
• Ability to work in teams and across departments within The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones
• Strong experience composing and editing a variety of written communications including press releases and pitches
• Ability to write clearly, concisely and relatively quickly
• Facility with social media tools
• Be able to work well within a team setting as well as independently leading projects
• Demonstrate high attention to detail and well organized
• Be creative and strategic in building out media and partnership/events campaigns
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers’ work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.