When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Factiva, Barron's, etc. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
The Head of Syndication will lead a team of syndication specialists to identify, develop and close new licensing, distribution and syndication deals initiatives that leverage Wall Street Journal Digital Network (WSJDN) content. The Wall Street Journal Digital Network includes The Wall Street Journal, MarketWatch & Barron’s digital properties. The Head of Syndication will help balance the needs of traffic and licensing, creating value by monetizing our premium content whether text, video or radio.
• Proactively prospect external content licensing relationships that offer financial and strategic value to WSJDN via distribution of hosted WSJD content to third-party services in exchange for licensing fees - fixed, variable or combo.
• Manage and expand global portfolio of syndication deals across Europe, Asia and Latin America for print and digital properties
• Work closely with Head of Audience Development to identify strategic partnerships that leverage content and drive traffic
• Leverage domain expertise in relevant categories, including video and audio Conduct detailed financial and strategic analysis to evaluate risks and balance against profit potential, size of the opportunity, and resource requirements
• Manage the team of syndication specialists who are actively managing accounts
• Lead large negotiations of deal terms and drafting of agreements with legal
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.