Wall Street Journal Digital, the world’s premier publisher of online business and financial news including The Wall Street Journal Online, Barron’s Online and MarketWatch, has an exciting career opportunity available within the advertising operations group.
This position is accountable for compiling, analyzing and reporting on online pricing and inventory trends to support key decisions about the company’s sales programs and to understand past performance. Responsibilities span partnering with the sales, operations and yield management departments of Wall Street Journal Digital Network. The focus of this position is to provide strategic thinking to proposal creation, apply pricing decisions unique to each proposal/category, support inventory & yield management (supply/demand), and the application of inventory packing strategies.
• Analyze sales data in order to price and forecast digital inventory, proposals and packages across multiple platforms
• Work with sales teams, site general managers, product marketing to provide KPI reporting , and provide analytic support to those groups
• Work with salespeople on RFPs to provide proposal strategies by account/campaign and category to best manage pricing, inventory decisions and client expectations on results
• Analyze sales data to report on financial and industry trends that drive revenue and communicate complex analysis to senior management
• Utilize historical data to support strategic decisions about new sales programs developed with marketing and business development
• Responsible for ad hoc projects and analytics to assist management in evaluating various business opportunities
• Work with both Ad Sales and Ad Operations to assist in client optimizations so that revenue is maintained and balanced with client goals
• 1-2 years working within an online advertising operations or planning team using one or more internet ad serving system and order management systems (i.e. DFP/DSM, Operative, 24/7, Adtech, OAS, etc.) preferred
• Expert level Excel modeling experience preferred
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
• Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in person, over email and on the phone
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Detailed oriented and highly motivated
• Strong computer applications skills (Excel, Word, Access)
• BA/BS College degree required
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.