When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Global Creative Director
Global Marketing Department
Dow Jones | New York
The global marketing team is responsible for helping grow the Dow Jones brand globally. We support the businesses by delivering beautiful marketing campaigns that delight customers, win prospects, and strengthen the core brand. The marketing team acts as a full-service in-house agency and will work on various projects across the product portfolio—The Wall Street Journal, Factiva, Dow Jones Newswires. Our mission is to help meet business goals by being creative, innovative and incredibly efficient.
We're looking for a Global Creative Director to serve as an idea generator, a pitch master, and a mentor to assure creative excellence across Dow Jones marketing. You are a strategic thinker and designer who understands that brand identity transcends beyond a logo. You will help define, steer and realize the marketing strategies necessary to grow our brands, and use your creativity to pursue solutions.
– Drive the creative vision for marketing the WSJ and Dow Jones brands
– Lead the creative design team globally to create beautiful marketing campaigns
– Create a new look and feel for consumer and b-to-b marketing and execute it with consistency across the franchise globally
– Develop capabilities in the department to create innovative marketing solutions that strengthen our leadership position
– Develop and steer the creative direction of marketing assets, including messaging, that are relevant to the brand and target audience
– Oversee creative team budgets, timelines and workloads for efficient and timely completion of projects
– Develop outside vendor and agency relationships
- You are a proven strategic thinker
- You have strong relationship skills
- You are a problem-solver and can think quickly on your feet
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills
- You have exceptional organization skills
- You have excellent presentation skills and are able to seamlessly move across conversations at all levels of the organization
- You have at least 10 years of brand/marketing strategy experience, including designing campaigns for b-to-b and/or consumer audiences
- You have experience managing a team of designers and copywriters
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.