When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in 28 languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Our world class Institutional Sales team is hiring a Sales Executive.
To be an awesome Sales Executive, you have to be a strong prospector-someone who is confident in picking up the phone to cold call. This person will be closing new business deals with Fortune 1000 corporations and middle market financial institutions; s/he must be strong at building rapport with prospects in person, on the phone and via e-mail.
The sales cycle is short and the products straight-forward, so you will be able to close deals quickly. You have to grab their attention, so creativity and flexibility is a must. The biggest part of the job is identifying the needs of prospects and communicating the value of Dow Jones products.
We have designed an attractive compensation package that rewards aggressive sales professionals. If you like to solve complex problems quickly and work on the fly, you may just be an awesome Sales Executive.
- MEET NEW BUSINESS TARGETS: Generate new streams of Dow Jones revenue through sales of products and services to "new to company" prospects which address their business needs
- IDENTIFY PROSPECTS: Complete market analysis to identify good potential "new to company" target organizations, plus the specific roles and individuals to be prospected
- PROSPECT: Pro-actively contact the targets identified. The Sales Executive will need to quickly qualify genuine opportunities and move these to the next stage of the sales process, or quickly move on in cases where no worthwhile opportunity exists
- ANALYSE OPPORTUNITIES: Understand the business issues affecting targeted industry sectors and/or specific prospects, then ensure this knowledge is the foundation for our communications with prospects
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE: Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the Dow Jones products and solutions, and use this knowledge to ensure that solutions address clear business needs for the prospect
- FORECAST: Manage Sales Forecast and Pipeline to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process and forthcoming new business revenue
- TRACK ACTIVITY AND SUCCESS: Keep a clear record of prospecting activity and conversion ratios
- MANAGE PROSPECT/CLIENT INFORMATION: Keep accurate and clear records within the global CRM system to provide a solid deal history, showing clearly the steps taken to reach closure on new business deals
Skills & Experience
- Confident at cold calling, understanding the best times to successfully reach prospects when they are ready to listen
- Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment
- Passionate about closing business, with a "can do" attitude and ability to work independently when needed
- Good communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure the Dow Jones value position is clearly articulated to prospects and a persuasive business case is presented in email and verbal communications
- Excellent telephone skills; successful SEs will feel comfortable building rapport, developing business relationships and demonstrating products over the telephone
- High level of business awareness to help build credibility with the prospect, spot potential opportunities within a peer group or industry sector, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context
- Strong negotiation and closing skills to build a solid and persuasive business case, overcome objections, use solid supporting information where necessary, and ensure sales opportunities are managed to a successful conclusion
- A proven successful track record of at least 2 years in a new business role that requires cold calling in a financial information services firm
- Sensible management of Dow Jones travel and expenses costs is expected
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.