The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation with more than 2.3 million subscribers and 36 million global digital visitors per month.
The Journal has evolved its core content offering to include coverage of fashion, lifestyle, culture, arts, travel, and design showcased in WSJ Weekend and in the world’s leading luxury magazine – WSJ. Magazine. This expansion has attracted the most successful fashion, luxury, and beauty brands to The Wall Street Journal and WSJ. Magazine.
The Multi-Media Fashion Account Executive is responsible for maintaining and growing an account list of International and American fashion brands. The position requires consistent achievement of quarterly sales goals and active management of and prospecting for new clients. The AE oversees the work of Sales Associate and Sales Coordinator to provide best of breed customer service and results for marketers and agencies.
• Generate advertising revenues in accordance with specific goals
• Identify and develop potential new advertisers
• Responsible for RFP direction and final delivery and sell through
• Build relationships and develop a significant account of agencies and advertisers through cold calls, trade networking events, and leads generated by Sales Associate or Sales Coordinator
• Develop proposals, meet and present to clients, and close account
• Maintain a spreadsheet of active accounts and revenue forecasts
• Negotiate pricing and placement for sales campaigns
• Oversee and develop Sales Associate/Sales Coordinator to prioritize tasks, produce consistent deliverables, and leverage resources to maximize sales
• Develop industry expertise in an assigned vertical and provide sales team with updates on current trends, news, competitive analysis, and advertising opportunities
• A minimum of 3-5 years advertising sales experience
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Strong one on one and group presentations skills
• Strong knowledge of program ratings methodology
• A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.