The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation with more than 2.3 million subscribers and 36 million global digital visitors per month. In recent years, The Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, the Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Sales Coordinator for the Digital Sales Leadership team will be the organizational foundation and for the team consisting of 1 VP, 2 Directors, 2 Sales Managers and 1 Account Executive, driving revenue for the digital franchise, including WSJ.com, MarketWatch.com, Mobile & Video products and the Programmatic sales channel.
This sales coordinator role is unique in its access. This coordinator supports the team that works with every sales team globally, and works closely with different product groups internally, e.g. ad sales marketing, the product teams creating our online products, and editorial.
• Prepare reports used by management and sales teams for forecasting, analysis, and budgeting
• Assist with research for proposals and special projects as needed
• Ensure that the direct sales team, and outer sales teams have the required sales materials and support information for sales calls and RFP responses
• Manage and organize two major staff meetings including powerpoint presentations and follow up notes
• Assist sales managers in updating of product opportunity slides
• Assistant team members with their travel plans and expenses
•Attention to detail and strong written and communication skills
•Proven ability to work well within a team environment while accomplishing individual projects
•Strong proficiency with Microsoft applications
•Strong interpersonal skills
•College degree required
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones, our managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.