Group Overview: BlackRock's Audit Group is an independent global function responsible for providing assurance and advisory services covering all of Company's businesses and operations. Audit is a critical component of BlackRock's control and risk management infrastructure. The group seeks to attract and
BlackRock's Audit Group is an independent global function responsible for providing assurance and advisory services covering all of Company's businesses and operations. Audit is a critical component of BlackRock's control and risk management infrastructure. The group seeks to attract and develop best-in-class talent from multi-disciplinary backgrounds including asset management, finance, technology, risk management, accounting, and operations. Successful professionals in the group will demonstrate a strong understanding of the asset and risk management business, build strong working relationships with business partners, and deliver value-added services which strengthen the risk and control environment.
BlackRock's US Audit Team is based in New York, Princeton and San Francisco.
Internship Role Description:
The Audit Associate will be involved in various aspects of the Audit group's risk assessment, assurance and advisory activities. Areas of the business covered may include investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, technology and compliance. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Participation in projects aimed at optimizing business and control activities and processes
- Assistance in the risk assessment of selected business, risk and operational units
- Development and maintenance of working relationships with the business
- Assistance in the formation of the annual audit plan
- Planning, executing, reporting and follow-up of reviews across all areas of the business
- Participation in global/cross regional projects
- Providing advisory services during the development of new businesses and systems
- Performing investigations, special reviews and other ad hoc projects
Skills and Experience:
• Professionals with interest in broad exposure to investment management, risk management, operations, finance and/or technology in the Asset Management industry
• Financial services experience is preferable; understanding of asset management products, business processes and risk and controls systems
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, statistics, accounting or engineering is preferred. BA/BS is required
• Aptitude towards investment and risk management, scenario analysis and problem solving
• Strong project management, organizational and presentation skills
• Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
• Strong quantitative skills
• Intellectual curiosity and healthy skepticism
• Commitment and strong work ethic
• Proficient understanding of current regulatory and industry events
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
• Professional certifications such as CFA, CPA, CA or CRM are a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.